New Sponsor: Bureau van Dijk (BvD)
I am excited to announce a new sponsor of Corruption Crime and Compliance, Bureau van Dijk (BvD).
I have been impressed with BvD’s product offering – key tools in your third party screening process that offer difficult to find information. BvD specializes in information on private companies, detailing company hierarchies and standardized financial reports so you can compare companies across international borders. BvD’s product range includes databases of company information and business intelligence for individual countries, regions, and the world. BvD’s database product, Orbis, combines information from over 140 sources and covers over 200 million companies.
BvD sources content itself from regulatory and other sources and adds value by:
- standardising financials and ratios
- linking data sources
- creating unique identifiers
- linking directors and contacts
- adding bespoke research
- appending and linking corporate structures
- integrating our information on M&A deals and rumors
- applying data verification, cleansing and quality control
to create a comprehensive range of databases that can be blended with your own data and workflow processes. BvD’s software is proprietary and created to provide practical and thorough information in a format that companies can use to asses risks associated with their business partners, including suppliers and customers.
BvD offers a range of products, each of which is supported by BvD’s commitment to information excellence:
- Compliance, due diligence and client on-boarding
- Sales and marketing
- Transfer pricing
- Academic research
- Supplier risk management and procurement
- Credit risk
- Corporate finance and M&A research
- Professional services including accountancy, law firms and consultants
- Data management
Welcome to BvD.