Boston Heart Diagnostics, a Massachusetts company, agree to pay $26.7 million to settle a False Claims Act case involving allegations of paying illegal kickbacks to physicians. According to the settlement, Boston Heart charged Medicare and Medicaid patients for advanced lipid testing referred by providers who received kickbacks from independent marketers at the direction of Boston Heart. Starting in 2015, Boston Heart provided advanced lipid testing...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
Subscribe to Corruption, Crime & Compliance
- Root Cause Analysis: A Critical Ethics and Compliance Practice February 25, 2021
- FCPA Themes from 2020 with Compliance Commentary February 19, 2021
- Common Pitfalls – Fraud Risk Assessment February 12, 2021
- The Continued Evolution of Best Practices for Compliance Programs! February 10, 2021
- Red Flags That May Indicate You Might be at Risk of Violating FCPA February 3, 2021