I have always played down the issue of CCO liability and prosecutions. I dismiss these concerns often because the reporting of CCO prosecutions are usually exaggerated and meant to instill fear in compliance professionals. In my simplistic approach, I have followed the general rule of thumb – if you do something wrong, you pay the price. In a number of cases involving compliance officer prosecutions,...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
Subscribe to Corruption, Crime & Compliance
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021
- Ethics and Compliance: Active Board Involvement Is a Must April 5, 2021