Chief financial officers are powerful players in the corporate governance landscape. CFOs play a critical role in the management and oversight of the company’s internal accounting controls. Sarbanes-Oxley lifted the importance of CFOs and internal auditors as important gatekeepers. With that important role, CFOs and corporate leaders have to certify as to the accuracy of the company’s financial reports, subject to potential criminal consequences. CFOs...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021