The fundamental principle of SEC’s market regulation is the power of sunshine, transparency and disclosure. In other words, the SEC seeks to ensure that companies disclose important information to the public so that securities markets operate efficiently. Whether the SEC has appropriately applied this principle in regulating the securities industry is a debate for another day. The SEC, however, has used this policy goal to...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
Subscribe to Corruption, Crime & Compliance
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021
- Ethics and Compliance: Active Board Involvement Is a Must April 5, 2021