False Claims Act prosecutions continue against healthcare executives, physicians and professionals. Last year, DOJ recovered over $5.6 billion in FCA enforcement. DOJ expects total recoveries to increase in 2022. Over 95 percent of False Claims Act prosecutions involved healthcare fraud and kickbacks. Two Doctors and Eight Others Indicted for Healthcare Kickbacks In a recent prosecution in the Northern District of Texas, DOJ announced the indictment...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021