The Justice Department and the FBI have acted to focus on fraudsters who are preying on the public panic in response to the pandemic. The Justice Department has alerted US Attorneys’ Offices, and federal, state and local law enforcement of many of the common fraud schemes. DOJ already has prosecuted individuals and businesses selling fake cures for COVID-19 online and other forms of fraud. In...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
Subscribe to Corruption, Crime & Compliance
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021