The SEC settled with J&F Investimentos (“J&F”) for approximately $27 million. Unlike the DOJ settlement, the SEC included JBS and Joseley and Wesley Batista in its enforcement action. The factual predicate for the settlement involved a different focus from the Justice Department’s Statement of Facts. J&F’s principal owners, Joesley and Wesley Batista, each agreed to pay a civil penalty of $550,000. The conduct involved Joesley...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021