One consequence of the ongoing Russia investigation against the current administration is increased focus and probable enforcement of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA). For Washington insiders, FARA was a known requirement but strict compliance was never the rule. FARA’s purpose was aimed at encouraging disclosure of hidden relationships with foreign governments that are intended to influence US government officials. With the increased enforcement of...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021