The headline on Medicare last week was astounding — $60 billion (not million) was lost each year to Medicare fraud, large numbers of fraudulent providers were providing fake or badd addresses – meaning locations including hamburger stands, vacant lots, mailbox shops. According to a recent GAO report (here), Medicare pays money to fraudsters at approximately 23,400 fake or bad addresses (22 percent of all provider...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021