In the last few years, the tension between chief compliance officers and general counsels appears to have subsided. The issue of separating CCOs from legal departments is not as important as it used to be. Why? I would like to think that CCOs have gained independence, authority and line of sight across their organizations. General counsels have acknowledged the importance of this change and accepted...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021