Companies that experience a Justice Department criminal investigation undergo a long and painful process. DOJ prosecutors hold the cards when reviewing the facts and deciding whether to indict a company. The United States Attorneys’ Manual (“USAM”) is a comprehensive collection of DOJ policies regarding civil and criminal enforcement issues. The USAM includes specific policies concerning corporate prosecution guidelines. Specifically, whether to criminally charge a corporation...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021