In a controversial decision, on May 15, 2019, the US Commerce Department announced the addition of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (“Huawei”) and 68 affiliates to its Entity List. As a result, export licenses for Huawei are subject to a presumption of denial. The Commerce Department cited a number of reasons for its decision, including alleged violations of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA), conspiracy...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021