In May 2019, OFAC released its Framework for a Sanctions Compliance Program. OFAC announced that it intended to increase the prosecution of individuals for sanctions violations. OFAC has brought two cases against individuals, and last week settled its third case against an individual since its May 2019 announcement. The latest case involves prohibited transactions with Iran relating to the cement clinker business. The individual, a...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021