After a lengthy sentencing hearing in federal court in San Francisco, Bumble Bee CEO Chris Lischewski was sentenced to 40 months in prison for his involvement in a tuna price-fixing conspiracy. The judge rejected prosecutors’ request to sentence Lischewski to 10 years in prison. Lischewski, who is 59 years old, argued for 12 months home confinement in view of the coronavirus. Judge Chen also imposed a...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
Subscribe to Corruption, Crime & Compliance
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021
- Ethics and Compliance: Active Board Involvement Is a Must April 5, 2021
- Governance: Board of Directors Effectiveness April 5, 2021