The term “internal controls” is a loaded one – it morphs in various ways depending on the context. Sometimes it is a shorthand for financial accounting controls; other times it encompasses a company’s compliance controls (i.e. policies and procedures). OFAC embraced the term to equate with a company’s policies and procedures for sanctions compliance. OFAC recognized that OFAC compliance functions have to begin with the...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021