Payoneer, Inc., an online money transmitter and prepaid access company, agreed to pay $1.4 million to OFAC to settle violations of multiple sanctions programs. In an ironic twist, Payoneer, which often touts its comprehensive sanctions and anti-money laundering compliance programs to its business customers, had to acknowledge 2,260 apparent violations of OFAC sanctions. Payoneer is a well-known money service business (MSB) and acknowledged that it...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021