The COVID-19 pandemic era has transformed the economy with a new emphasis on health and safety related products (e.g., sanitizers, toilet paper, designated medical supplies). Our economy has suffered severe disruptions to demand and supply of goods and services. In this new economy, businesses face extraordinary risks of federal and state prosecution for price gouging. The federal price gouging law applies narrowly to critical items...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021