Samsung’s recent FCPA settlement with the Justice Department capped yet another example of a company involved in bribing Petrobas in Brazil for valuable contracts. The scope of the bribery scheme was focused on a contingent deal involving Samsung’s desire to build a drillship for Chartering Company in Houston, Texas. Beginning in 2007 and continuing until 2013, Samsung conspired with others to violate the FCPA by...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
Subscribe to Corruption, Crime & Compliance
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021
- Ethics and Compliance: Active Board Involvement Is a Must April 5, 2021