Samsung Heavy Industries agreed with the Justice Department to pay $75 million to settle FCPA charges. Under a three-year deferred prosecution agreement (DPA), Samsung agreed to filing of a criminal information in the Eastern District of Virginia charging the company with FCPA conspiracy. DPA Copy Here. Over a six-year period, Samsung carried out a bribery scheme to pay millions of dollars to Petrobas in Brazil...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
Subscribe to Corruption, Crime & Compliance
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021
- Ethics and Compliance: Active Board Involvement Is a Must April 5, 2021