Avanos Medical, a global medical device company, agreed to pay $22 million to resolve criminal charges relating to its fraudulent misbranding of its MicroCool surgical gowns. Avanos Medical falsely labeled the surgical gowns as providing the highest level of protection against fluid and virus penetration. As part of the settlement, Avanos Medical agreed to a three-year deferred prosecution agreement (DPA), in exchange for a payment...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
Subscribe to Corruption, Crime & Compliance
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021
- Ethics and Compliance: Active Board Involvement Is a Must April 5, 2021
- Governance: Board of Directors Effectiveness April 5, 2021