Lawyers know about conflicts of interest. They face significant risks when handling clients and have to scrupulously follow principles surrounding conflict of interest. The two categories of conflicts of interest are defined as “appearance of a conflict,” and an “actual conflict.” Both can undermine the independence of an attorney who must zealously advocate on behalf of each individual client. Beyond lawyers, in the corporate business...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
Subscribe to Corruption, Crime & Compliance
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021
- Ethics and Compliance: Active Board Involvement Is a Must April 5, 2021