United Technologies recently settled an FCPA enforcement action with the SEC by paying $13.9 million for bribes paid by its elevator and aircraft businesses. UT disclosed the investigation to DOJ and the SEC in late 2013 or early 2014. DOJ declined to prosecute in March 2018. UT agreed to disgorge $9 million, plus interest of about $919,000 and to pay a penalty of $4 million. The SEC’s FCPA settlement contains...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021