Lawrence Hoskins, a UK citizen and former Alstom executive, was convicted last Friday on 11 of 12 counts for his role in a bribery scheme involving Indonesian officials. Hoskins conviction took years to secure because of jurisdictional challenges and appeals. Hoskins was originally indicted in 2013. The jury deliberated for one day – a resounding victory for DOJ prosecutors. Hoskins’ defense team launched an unusual defense, claiming that...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
Subscribe to Corruption, Crime & Compliance
- FCPA Themes from 2020 with Compliance Commentary February 19, 2021
- Common Pitfalls – Fraud Risk Assessment February 12, 2021
- The Continued Evolution of Best Practices for Compliance Programs! February 10, 2021
- Red Flags That May Indicate You Might be at Risk of Violating FCPA February 3, 2021
- First Civil Settlement for Fraud on Cares Act Paycheck Protection Program January 31, 2021