Corporate governance issues can quickly divide directors, management and shareholders. For years there has been a continuing debate over the efficacy and importance of shareholder democracy. In theory, and using loaded political words, like “democracy,” activists who promote shareholder democracy usually have strong talking points. Shareholders own a company. Directors and senior managers act as agents for the shareholders/owners. Directors have fiduciary duties to the...
Listen to the Corruption, Crime & Compliance Podcast
- What you don’t see is what you get: why governance matters May 13, 2022
- COSO ERM and Cloud Computing August 19, 2021
- Governance, Fraud, and Corporate Culture: Sorting Through a Complicated Relationship April 15, 2021
- Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG April 14, 2021
- Internal Controls – A Process to Help Ensure Internal Controls are Designed Consistently and Appropriately April 8, 2021